Thursday, July 24, 2008

Return of the Flog

This week has been life-changing for me.

Dad's in the hospital recovering from quadruple bypass surgery. After seeing the pain he was in at the hospital before the surgery, plus the pain he is in now after surgery, and the long road of recovery ahead, I have had my come-to-Jesus moment. With my paternal grandparents both suffering from heart problems and now my dad, I'm at huge risk for coronary artery disease myself. My daughter is too. I want to both spare her from the logistics of having a sick mother and set a better example.

I treat my body better than the generations before me, but I still have a lot of room for improvement. I need to get off my butt and exercise. I need to stop stopping at Braum's for sausage biscuits in the morning.

I can't promise I'll write every day but I'll see what I can do.

Weight: 157
Exercise: Exercise bike for 15 minutes or so

2 Frozen Waffles (sans butter and syrup)
Little box of raisins
Chocolate slim fast snack bar
Some non dairy creamer for coffee
Fiber One bar
Little bag of pretzels
Frozen burrito
Apple juice

No comments: